I’m going to try something new, and begin my weeks off with many of the thoughts, subplots, and devious plans that I begin my week in the midst of. I’m not sure if I’ll even do a synthesis or unpacking of them, but I thought it would be a good way to share what’s bumping around in my head that don’t quite qualify for a full length post. I’ll call them my interjections, and I encourage any feedback to anything I might say.
These thoughts are all my own, but they’re not only mine.
- I guess I’m not quite out of my season of perpetual failure. I’m not sure what the trigger is, what I am doing wrong, or if there is a lesson to be learned. I am beginning to dimiss the latter of these excuses because, well, sometimes things just dont work out, and that is the whole of it.
- Self promotion, of all of the things that fit the cliché that I hate the most, seems to me to be a slippery slope.
- In my little universe of “expertise”, everyone wants to lead, but few people want to lead.
- I am a writer, teacher, philosopher, and theologian – but I’m one in the trenches. Are the trenches a place for any of that, or are the ivory towers hidden away from the front lines the only place for freaks like me?
- I’ve watched the video of DeAndre Jordan dunking over Brandon Knight from last night no less than 15 times this morning. I think we’ve reached the pinacle of the sport, and we can retire it now.
- I’m putting together a “Sequestration” party for my wife’s birthday this weekend. I am ridiculous.
- The older I get, the more baseball makes sense on a metaphysical level.
- Speaking of metaphysics, in case you were curious, I am a String Theory guy.
- I genuinely look forward to every Monday at noon, because the Noon Pacific playlist comes out each week. I have no connection to the creator or their agenda, but I love what they are doing.
- I’m just filling this one out because ten seems like a good rounded out number to stop at.